NATIONAL MOTORCYCLE MUSEUM 2013 Victory Cross Country – Fundraiser Rules and Regulations
This motorcycle fundraiser is conducted by the National Motorcycle Museum (Museum) of Anamosa, Iowa. All proceeds
from the entries will benefit the Museum, a 501 (c)(3) organization chartered by the State of Iowa.
1. ELIGIBILITY: You must be 18 years of age to enter, a resident of the United States of America and otherwise qualify under the laws of the State of Iowa. However, Iowa law permits Iowa residents of any age to enter. Paid employees of the National Motorcycle Museum and their spouse and children, Board Members of the National Motorcycle Museum and their spouse and children are not eligible to enter. Nor are the staff and families of those organizations sponsoring or creating the 2013 Victory Cross Country motorcycle given as the Grand Prize eligible to enter.
2. FUNDRAISER DONATIONS: Each entry is available for a donation of $5. Up to and including 5 entries are priced at $5 each. If the purchaser wishes, he or she may purchase six (6) entries for $25. Multiple increments of six entries are available as well, 24 entries for $100 for example. No additional multi entry purchase discounts will be offered. There is no maximum number of entries an individual may purchase. Only official donation entries will be accepted. There is no limit to how many total entries the National Motorcycle Museum can print and sell. Odds of winning are determined only by the total number of entries sold. Entries are available by mail. Send your request and donation amount by personal check or money order in United States Funds to: National Motorcycle Museum Raffle, P.O. Box 405, Anamosa, IA 52205. To use a debit card, please call the Museum. Entries may also be purchased at the Museum in Anamosa, Iowa, and at certain events at which the Museum is present. Entries may be purchased online at the Museum’s website with an electronic check www.nationalmcmuseum.org. We will confirm your on-line ticket purchase via an email which will list your actual ticket number(s). Your ticket(s) will be put into the drum with other entries, but your actual ticket stubs will not be sent to you. Iowa law prohibits donations for entries with any credit device such as a credit card. The Museum is not responsible for entries that arrive late, become lost in transit or are subject to postage due. Iowa state sales tax is included at the time of entry purchase. Laws vary, but typically donations for entries are not tax deductible. Please consult your tax counsel for details.
3. ENTRY SCHEDULE: This fundraiser commenced on January 1, 2013 when entries were promoted and then became available. All electronic entries, on the Museum website, must received at the Museum by December 20, 2013. All onsite purchases and mailed entries must be received at the Museum by noon, December 20, 2013. The random drawing for the 2013 Victory Cross Country will be held at approximately 2 p.m., Friday, December 31, 2013 and all decisions are final. The winner will be drawn by a person independent of the National Motorcycle Museum witnessed by the Museum Director and staff on hand that day. The person drawing the name shall have been sworn in to the task by an attorney at law. Three tickets will be drawn with the first being duly noted and marked No. 1 as the winner with alternates No. 2 and No. 3. The winner will be contacted by telephone, e-mail and/or USPS mail as to his or her winnings immediately after the drawing. The winner’s name will be published on the Museum website and in the Museum newsletter. If the winner cannot be reached initially, efforts to contact will continue for 30 days. Should the winner for any reason be deemed ineligible to participate or win or claim the prize, the prize will be awarded to the first alternate, marked No. 2. Should the second alternate not be eligible, the prize will go to the purchaser of the third ticket drawn marked No. 3.
4. GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize is a 2013 Victory Cross Country customized by Cory Ness as described on the Museum website and in materials supplied to Museum supporters through the mail and at events at which the Museum may choose to display. The approximate value of the motorcycle is $29,000. There is only one prize in this raffle, the 2013 Victory Cross Country.
5. RECEIPT OF PRIZE: The winner agrees to arrange for removal of the Grand Prize by March 31, 2014. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize which will then be awarded to alternate ticket holder, No. 2, then No. 3. The winner is responsible for transportation and delivery of the Grand Prize Motorcycle. The winner is responsible for any applicable taxes and fees including state and federal income tax where applicable. Appropriate IRS documents will be supplied to the winner by the Museum and winner agrees to supply necessary information for this purpose. Winner agrees to supply for no additional compensation his or her name, hometown and likeness on request of the Museum to be used as part of the effort to announce the winner to Museum supporters, entrants and interested parties reading Museum promotional materials and the Museum website.
6. ENTRY LAWS: The fundraiser is subject to all applicable laws, state or federal and is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Entrants to this fundraiser are responsible for compliance with all such laws and regulations based on their age, place of residence, etc. The winner of the Grand Prize Motorcycle releases the National Motorcycle Museum, its staff and Board of Directors as well as any related project sponsors and builders from any responsibility or liability in connection with any loss, accident or death incurred with the use of this prize. For U.S. citizens only.
7. NOTICE OF WINNER: The Museum will announce the winner via its various newsletters, website and through distribution of a news release to numerous suitable publications and websites. Or for the name of the winner you may supply to the Museum a self addressed and posted No. 10 envelope. The Museum address is: National Motorcycle Museum, PO Box 405, Anamosa, IA 52205.
8. ENTRY RULES: It is the Museum’s right to amend, revise and interpret the rules as it may see fit. It is expected that by donating money for a ticket, entrants will hold to the rules of entering as presented here. Complete rules are available from the National Motorcycle Museum at events where the museum is present and at the National Motorcycle Museum’s website www.nationalmcmuseum.org.